I thought I’d share with you today what I consider to be a “good morning”… in getting ready and out the door. Mind you this is from a “mom” perspective.
A Good Morning consists of this:
- Getting out of bed on time and peacefully, 5:45 a.m.
- Feeding dogs, out the door, in the door.
- Coffee pot ready, just press the button.
- Play with kitties/dogs while coffee is brewing.
- Enjoy coffee peacefully.
- Wake youngest child, on time.
- Shower, dress.
- Fix lunches. Wow: a kid lunch made of “Annie’s Mac & Cheese,” cut cucumber w/ salad dressing, juice box (organic), apple (organic), spoon, fork & napkin all in lunch box.
- My lunch: spinach greens, tri-colored salad greens, cucumber, green onion, garbanzo beans, seafood salad stuff, salad dressing. WHooo Hooo (I don’t get to make my lunch too often)!
- Child wakes up on time, dresses (no clothes issues), eats (no food issues), brushes hair, washes face, shoes on! Sweatshirt on!
WOW! No problems yet!
What else? Time’s ticking… gotta get out in 15 min.
- Oooops, has the garbage been put out? Nope! :/ Better get it out before the garbage men come (forgot during break).
- Hair’s wet… don’t want to get sick… lots of people w colds/flu at school… hmmm, fuse not working… can’t dry… next bathroom. Done.
- Garbage out…ummm, bike, grill & recyclables in front of giant garbage can… must move…. OK… Garbage can out on street before the pick-up came!!
Next critical; get child IN CAR IN TIMELY FASHION!
- No, no… no time for earrings… get kitty out of bedroom, close door… no time for earrings… get kitty out of bedroom, close door… put on coat… cold outside… no time for earrings… get lunch… backpack already in car….
- DONE! No Crying! Minor fussing… get to school on time… a little traffic… put earrings in… put backpack on both shoulders… don’t forget lunch… there’s your other flash card… WHEW!